sav·vy, sav·vi·er, sav·vi·est

adj. well informed and perceptive; shrewd. hungry.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Great Tuna Disaster of 2006


So I bought two pieces of frozen tuna steak at Trader Joe's, and then realized that I had NO CLUE about how to cook them. Luckily there are about a thousand tuna steak recipes on the internet, so I picked one. Of course, I didn't have all the necessary ingredients for the marinade so I fudged it and just threw together a lot of olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, and a little bit of salad dressing. Then I tried to sear the tuna in a frying pan. It looked so beautiful! Buuut, when I cut the steak open, it was completely raw. Now, perhaps that's how it was supposed to look, but I'm not into eating raw fish. So I turned down the frying pan heat and kept cooking the tuna until it was not bright magenta. Some people might say it was too dry and overcooked. I say, it tasted just like chicken -- maybe a little bit moister? I have another steak left in the freezer, I'm going to use the oven next time!

<3 Mo

(P.S. Do you like my St. Patrick's Day decoration?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home