sav·vy, sav·vi·er, sav·vi·est

adj. well informed and perceptive; shrewd. hungry.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

St. Patrick's Day in Boston

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I cooked a traditional Irish meal for St. Patrick's Day. Of course it included Guinness (see above). This picture also features a very cute clover plant from my sister and some rye bread (to make corned beef sandwiches with).

I started cooking the corned beef in the morning. It was really raw and bloody, but I didn't take a picture of that. I was very nervous about cooking it, but it was very easy. Just boil and simmer for a couple of hours. (I cheated and used the pre-made spice packet that came with the meat.)


I cooked lots and lots of potatoes (there are some leftovers in our fridge). These are the potatoes that I added to the corned beef and boiled for awhile.


Irish food isn't very colorful. Above is the corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes simmering in a pot. Mmm .... looks delish.


Here is the finished product of potatoes and cabbage. Yum yum!
I also made roasted potatoes in case people didn't want boiled potatoes. Every meal should have some olive oil and garlic!


Also, the traditional jello shots. These are green and red...for St. Joseph's day?


I also made four loaves of soda bread, my favorite breakfast/snack food ever.

Here is the table with all of the food. So pretty!



Mmmm...corned beef. The centerpiece of our meal.

<3,
Mo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home